Create A Team
If your school does not already have a MIST team, this is how you can make one.
Courtesy of MIST Atlanta.
HOW DO I START A MIST TEAM?
You can start a MIST Team with at least one Competitor and one Coach. Guests may also register to join your team.
- Everyone on your team should be from the same high school (except Coaches and Guests who are not students).
- For your team, you must also select a team member as Registration In-Charge (Registrar).
- You must have at least one Coach for every ten members of your team who are 18 years old or younger (including Competitors and Guests).
- There are no maximum limits as to how many Competitors, Coaches, or Guests you can have on one team.
- Only one team per school is allowed.
The following rules apply to all students competing in MIST regionally and nationally.
1. Students must form/join the MIST team from their own high school. All students from a school must register together as one team.
2. If the MSA as a whole chooses not to participate in the tournament, the few members who would like to join MIST can still represent their high school. It is not required to have an MSA in order to compete.
3. If the high school does not have an MSA, try your best to form a MIST team open to students/faculty of any religion, gender, or national origin in your high school.
4. If you are unable to form an MSA or student organization, you can:
o Try convincing another cultural organization or even your high school to sponsor MIST as an official extracurricular activity. This may help to ensure that your absence is excused if your MIST-Regional is scheduled to start on a weekday.
Home Schooled Students
Students who are at least 13 years old and do NOT hold a GED can compete in MIST. Home-schooled students can join any high school team that they choose. Email our registration team for any questions or concerns.